How Cloud Is Addressing Common Retail Challenges: 8 Steps to a Complete Cloud-based Data Security
To find out how Cloud POS is providing retailers with self-payment, sales management, order delivery management and shopper flow analysis capabilities, download our whitepaper, Introducing Cloud POS for Digital Stores today.
Advancing digitization is skyrocketing, impacting every industry, sector and business the world over. Digital adoption rates have accelerated by five years in just a few months, and one-third of companies have digitized their supply chains.
Within retail, some sectors have experienced significant growth in recent times — where supermarkets recorded the highest increase in online traffic in 2020, for example — but global sales dipped by 5.7 per cent in the same year.
That said, many companies in the retail sector have had a turbulent few years, with different businesses affected in a variety of ways. It’s very much been a boom-or-bust period, where some established brands have struggled and new outfits have grabbed a piece of their market share. This has led to disruptions in the market.
As a result, retailers must now address a new range of challenges on both the consumer and enterprise sides. These challenges include:
- Digitization — customers now expect digital solutions to help streamline every shopping experience
- Agility — retailers with the business agility to adapt to ongoing changes in the market are realizing the greatest success,
- Omnichannel capabilities — customer demand for an online and omni-channel shopping experience will continue to rise in the years ahead, which places retailers under increasing pressure to make sure payments, pricing, promotions, products, gift cards, and order histories are all integrated into one place, within one system
- Emphasis on community and fragmentation — digitization lowers the barrier of entry for many retailers, allowing small businesses to compete on a global stage
- Traditional stores are no more — retailers are now responsible for providing a clean and safe in-store environment for their customers. Social distancing measures and other safety considerations are now in place for the vast majority of stores
To stay ahead of the competition, your traditional shops must now adapt to a range of changing trends that are revolutionizing the retail sector by embracing the right digital solutions to future proof your business, such as Cloud POS Solution for Digital Stores.
Digital Stores are the new trend in retail. Over the last few years, the survival odds of pure, local brick-and-mortar stores have been uncertain.
Our Cloud POS (Point-of-Sale) solution is the key to unlock your Digital Stores. It provides your business with a range of IoT devices, Alibaba Cloud’s advanced cloud infrastructure, and an industry-depth IoT platform to streamline your store’s operations. But that’s not all.
Cloud POS brings many benefits to retailers, including simple and flexible POS deployments, rich POS portfolios, consumer safety and robust security, and increased store traffic and success.
Cloud POS also unifies your digital, in-store, and back-office retail operations, while also increasing your customer engagement and employee productivity to transform your retail business and prepare it for any increasingly digital world.
Using Cloud POS, you can create an exceptional, insightful shopping experience that unifies your digital store, physical store, and back-office retail operations while increasing customer engagement and employee productivity. You can transform your retail business to not only survive now, but thrive in the years ahead.
If you wish to find out how this solution works in detail, then download our whitepaper Introducing Cloud POS for Digital Stores today.
If you need to learn more about the cloud information, you can check this blog either.