Alibaba Cloud has now made our documentation open source on GitHub! If you find any content that requires modification or improvement while navigating through the Alibaba Cloud official documentation, you can follow the following steps to submit your suggestions. If your suggestion is used by Alibaba Cloud, you will be credited as a contributor in the Alibaba Cloud documentation center for that document.
To edit and submit content changes, a GitHub account is required. If you do not have a GitHub account, visit GitHub and register for an account.
Before editing and submitting content, please read and understand our open-source guidelines.
How to Edit Documents on GitHub
Public documentation is available in Markdown format on GitHub. To edit the contents of a document, just go to the document page and click the “Edit” button in the top right corner. This will open up the relevant document on GitHub, as described in Figure 1.
Figure 1. Editing open-source documents
- On the GitHub page, click the
- icon to enter the editor.
The system will then create a branch, which contains a copy of the document that you can edit.
- Contents are edited in the “Edit file” tab, as shown in Figure 2.
You can click on “Cancel” at the top or bottom of the tab to cancel editing.
- Figure 2. Content editor
- You can view the changes in the “Preview changes” tab, as shown in Figure 3.
- Figure 3. Preview changes
- Once you are happy with your changes, enter a description of the changes into the “Propose file change” tab, and click on “Propose file change” to submit your suggestions, as shown in Figure 4.
- Figure 4. Submit suggestions
Alibaba Cloud will review and process your suggestions in accordance with its open-source guidelines.
The team at Alibaba Cloud would like to extend our gratitude to all community contributors for your support and help!