How to Install a LAMP Stack on a Ubuntu Machine
About LAMP Stack
LAMP Stack is a combination of open-source software that allows dynamic websites and web servers to function accordingly. LAMP is an acronym that stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. As developers, Linux is already installed since our virtual private server runs on Ubuntu. The below steps outline how to install the rest of the LAMP Stack in few easy steps.
Installing LAMP Stack
Step 1: Launch Alibaba Cloud ECS instance for Linux machine
Alibaba Cloud ECS provides optimum support several instances. You can easily launch Alibaba Cloud ECS on your Linux machine. Follow the steps below to execute this application:
- Login to your Alibaba Cloud ECS Management Console, where you will be redirected to the main dashboard.
- Click Elastic Compute Service under the Products & Services section. This will take you to the ECS overview dashboard. Upon reaching that page click Instances on the sidebar to navigate to the Instances menu.
- Create an instance. Thereafter, you can select a preferred payment mode that suits your requirements. You can choose from two packages: Starter Package or Advanced Purchase. Make the appropriate selection for your data center region and Availability Zone to launch your ECS instance. If you are unsure of your Availability Zone, but you specify your data center region, then the instance will be placed in the default zone.
- You will now have to select Generation under the Choose Instance Type section. Every generation type offers unique configuration and computing power. Select a Network Type from the options of Classic Network or VPC based on your requirements. Then, select a Network Billing type.
- This will take you to the next page where you will have to opt for Ubuntu or any other Linux server by clicking one of the server thumbnails provided. Also, under the thumbnail, select a version for the server from the drop-down menu and pick the desired storage type from the various options.
- You will next come to an option to set up your server’s security by setting a password. However, you may choose to complete this task later on your console.
- Review the details of your purchase configuration, and make changes if needed. Click Activate to confirm and launch your server.
- You will see your instances in the Instances section. Click Manage to manage the ECS instance.
- Navigate to Security Groups from the left panel and select Configure Rules.
- Check whether the instance is already set to allow inbound traffic from Port 80. If not, select Add Security Group Rules to create a new rule.
- Enter the details as shown in the image below. Click OK to continue.
For details and further operation of installing Apache Server, MySQL, PHP, please go to How to Install LAMP Stack.
Related Blog Posts
Alibaba Cloud provides a one-stop website service for individuals, developers and small startups. With IaaS, you can find all the resources you want for web application development. The one-stop website service integrates ECS, web application development images (WordPress, LAMP, and LEMP among other web applications), domain names and Alibaba Cloud DNS products. It also offers multiple flexible one-stop services including WordPress website building, and LAMP/LEMP web application development stacks. Leveraging the package of ECS, domain name service and DNS, you can even customize a mail server for your own domain name.
This blog explains how to set up a Magento website with Nginx web server on Alibaba Cloud ECS Ubuntu 14.04.
Install the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) stack: To proceed further, you primarily need to have the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) stack ready on your Alibaba Cloud ECS instance. We will be using ApsaraDB for RDS as a database in this blog. Use this quick guide for steps for installation
Related Market Products
There are some products with LAMP built by partners can be quickly launched on Alibaba Cloud servers.
Integrated with one of the world’s most popular web publishing platforms for building blogs and websites. We, IGS, provide a list of images pre-integrated with most popular software for web solution. It includes ready-to-run versions of Apache/Nginx, MySQL, PHP, phpMyAdmin and all of the other software required to run each of those components. IGS image greatly simplifies the development and deployment of web applications.
OpenDocMan is a web-based document management system (DMS) written in PHP, designed to comply with ISO 17025 and OIE standard for document management. It is easy to use.
GLPI is a great ITSM software tool that helps users plan and manage IT changes in a simple way, solve problems resourcefully when they emerge and allow users to have legit control.
There are some documentation may be useful to you.
There are some products which can help you to optimize your experience on LAMP in Ubuntu.
Alibaba Cloud Web Application Firewall (WAF) can be used to provide protection against web-based attacks, including SQL injections, Cross-site scripting (XSS), Malicious BOT, command execution vulnerabilities, and other common web attacks. WAF filters out a large number of malicious access attempts and alleviates the performance impact of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)/HTTP Secure (HTTPS) flood attacks on servers.
Alibaba CloudMonitor can be used to provide in-depth insights into your cloud deployments. CloudMonitor provides advanced analytics on critical metrics such as Central Processing Unit (CPU) utilization, latency and also lets you customize parameters specific to business requirements.
We also have some courses to help you have a better understanding of the tools for your websites.
Understand application security and common network attacks. You will master the core skills of application security on the cloud, including how to access Alibaba Cloud WAF, avoid tampering website, prevent CC attacks, and how to conduct business risk management.
This course helps you quickly master Alibaba Cloud Monitoring & Management related services, so that you can efficiently and quickly manage resources on the Alibaba Cloud. This course mainly explains the functions and basic usage of two services：Alibaba Cloud ActionTrail and CloudMonitor, and impresses you by demonstrating the operation.