Power Up Your Journey to Cloud with Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS)
Download the full infographic to learn more about Alibaba Cloud ECS
Digital transformation is dramatically reshaping how businesses operate today. Companies are striving to rapidly shift from being a traditional enterprise to a technology-driven enterprise to accomplish operational excellence. Moving business to the Cloud is definitely on the key agenda for innovation-seeking CIOs focused on transforming their organizations into digital enterprises. A study by BSA on Global Cloud Preparedness illustrates how countries across the globe are making major strides towards cloud adoption.
Traditional organizations with legacy IT infrastructure now endeavor to adopt the cloud-first strategy to achieve growth objectives and overcome on-premises computing challenges such as:
- Hardware, Logistics, and Costs: Huge capital expenditure (CAPEX) to procure, implement, and maintain massive immobile hardware can strain organizational finances.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Inadequate disk space limits effective data backup, and in-house storage is more prone to data loss during unforeseen situations.
- Availability and Reliability: On-premise setup doesn’t provide uptime or recovery time guarantee, thereby hampering the end-user experience.
- Infrastructure Scalability: Complex infrastructure setup doesn’t support demand fluctuations and may cause over-or-underutilization of resources.
- Software Updates: Rigid setup limits software customization and any upgrades may escalate reliability issues.
- Technical Support: Require dedicated IT staff to monitor and maintain hardware and software applications designed to meet an organization’s specific needs.
Cloud Computing: A Must-have Technology for Business Growth
Irrespective of business size and type, the cloud is becoming the default requirement to quickly and easily expand business across the globe. Cloud adoption helps businesses overcome the limitations posed by on-premises computing and adds value at multiple levels. IT cost reduction and better performance are the primary benefits of cloud computing. The following chart from Vanson Bourne’s Cloud Adoption and Risk Report lists several other advantages of adopting cloud computing:
Alibaba Cloud ECS: One-stop Solution to Support All Your Hosting Needs
Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) is a highly scalable and efficient cloud computing service that supports applications by providing elastic and secure cloud servers.
Unlike the traditional models, ECS helps you overcome the scalability challenges to meet real-time demands by allowing instant resource deployment. It allows you to only pay for the resources you use and thus, helps to ease out financial pressure.
Alibaba Cloud ECS makes it easy for enterprises, small-and-medium businesses, and developers to procure virtual servers at a minimum cost in just a few minutes.
Alibaba Cloud ECS is an end-to-end solution to meet your diverse elastic computing requirements. Let’s deep dive into various benefits of ECS:
- Elasticity: It is easy to launch many instances simultaneously to match the on-demand requirements in a few clicks via the on-demand server provisioning system. ECS simplifies operations by allowing you to automatically scale resources, upgrade network bandwidth, and launch region-specific instances without any hassles.
- Stability: ECS supports reliable data backups and critical data recovery capabilities in the wake of emergency situations or disasters and guarantees 99.95% service availability.
- High Performance: ECS guarantees faster processing based on Alibaba Cloud’s dynamic storage capabilities and high-quality network.
- One-Click Automation: With ECS’s user-friendly management console you can access and manage all your resources with a single click. It also allows automating several related tasks such as database backups and deployment processes.
- Storage: Unlike on-premises models, storing data on ECS is simple and quick. You can also easily expand the storage on the go attaching different types of cloud disks, including Basic CloudDisk, Ultra Cloud Disk, and SSD Cloud Disk.
- Security: Alibaba Cloud ECS supports Anti-DDoS and Network Security Group (NSG) protection that allows users to control instances across different ports.
Pick the Right Alibaba Cloud ECS Instance for Your Business
Ease of deployment, performance enhancement, and substantial cost savings make cloud services a win-win situation for businesses. However, selecting the right instance specifications that match your business requirements holds the key; otherwise, you end up spending a considerable cost for resources and services that your business doesn’t even need.
Alibaba Cloud ECS offers different instance types to cater to various workloads. While some are ideal for high-performance computing, large storage, and memory-intensive workloads, others support multiple general business scenarios.
To avoid selecting a wrong-size instance type, it is imperative that you understand the key functions of each ECS instance family types.
The following diagram gives an overview of primary instance types to help you discover which one suits your business needs:
Take Cloud Computing to the Next Level with Alibaba Cloud ECS
Implementing Alibaba Cloud ECS along with various services provided by Alibaba Cloud can help businesses achieve nextgen cloud computing objectives. Let’s take a quick look at an array of Alibaba Cloud services that you can use with ECS:
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC): With Alibaba Cloud’s private network, you can specify security groups and IP address range to use Alibaba Cloud ECS in your VPC.
- Function Compute: With Alibaba Cloud’s fully hosted serverless compute service, you can eliminate the need to manage servers and focus on faster development and deployment.
- Elastic GPU: Leverage powerful parallel computing capabilities based on GPU to power up high-performance scenarios such as video processing, scientific computing, deep learning, and visualization.
- Databases Instances: Get seamless access to a variety of OLTP Databases to support different business scenarios.
- Image: Choose from a wide range of Image types including Windows, Enterprise Linux, and several images available on Alibaba Cloud to accelerate application deployment.
- Container /Kubernetes: Using Alibaba Cloud’s fully-managed Kubernetes compatible service lets you focus on applications instead of putting efforts into managing container infrastructure.
- Bare Metal Instance: Based on nextgen virtualization technology, bare metal instances excel in supporting standard ECS by preserving the elasticity capability of common ECS while delivering the equivalent user experience as physical servers.
Get Started With ECS and Take Charge of Your Computing Environment
Alibaba Cloud ECS is a one-stop solution to start or scale your business operations globally. Leverage high-performing and affordable cloud servers to power up your business today and avail benefits such as:
- Flexible Payment Options: Choose Pay-As-You-Go or Subscription billing method to get your servers up and running in seconds, and pay only for what you use.
- Affordable Service: Enjoy 70–80% cost benefits compared to other cloud providers.
- Simple Management: Manage all your ECS instances with ECS console or RPC APIs from anywhere and anytime.
If you are planning to set up your ECS instance or still have any questions, visit: https://www.alibabacloud.com/product/ecs
Download the full infographic to learn more about Alibaba Cloud ECS