What Does IoT Mean
The Internet of Things(IOT) refers to the real-time collection of any objects or processes that need to be monitored, connected, and interacted through various information sensors, radio frequency identification technology, global positioning systems, infrared sensors, laser scanners and other devices and technologies. Light, heat, electricity, mechanics, chemistry, biology, location and other required information can be accessed through various possible networks to realize the ubiquitous connection between things and people and things and people, and realize the intelligence of objects and processes. Perceive, identify and manage. The Internet of Things is an information carrier based on the Internet, traditional telecommunication networks, etc. It enables all common physical objects that can be independently addressed to form an interconnected network.
Characteristics of the Internet of Things
From the perspective of communication objects and processes, the information interaction between things and people and things is the core of the Internet of Things. The basic characteristics of IoT can be summarized as overall perception, reliable transmission and intelligent processing.
1. Overall perception: Perception devices such as radio frequency identification, two-dimensional codes, and smart sensors can be used to perceive and obtain various information of objects.
2. Reliable transmission: Through the integration of the Internet and wireless networks, the information of objects is transmitted in real time and accurately for information exchange and sharing.
3. Intelligent processing: Use various intelligent technologies to analyze and process the sensed and transmitted data and information to achieve intelligent monitoring and control.
According to the above characteristics of the Internet of Things, combined with the point of view of information science, around the flow of information, the functions of the Internet of Things to process information can be summarized:
(1) The function of obtaining information. It is mainly about the perception and identification of information. The perception of information refers to the perception and sensitivity of the state of things and their changes; the identification of information refers to the ability to express the perceived state of things in a certain way.
(2) The function of transmitting information. It is mainly the link of information sending, transmission, and reception, and finally the task of transmitting the acquired state information of things and the way they change from one point in time (or space) to another point, which is often referred to as the communication process.
(3) The function of processing information. It refers to the process of information processing, using existing information or perceived information to generate new information, which is actually a decision-making process.
(4) The function of applying effect information. It refers to the process in which information is finally effective. There are many forms of expression. The more important thing is to keep the object in a pre-designed state by adjusting the state of the object and its transformation method.